Infinitive: to gnarl
Third person singular: gnarls
Simple past: gnarled
Past participle: gnarled
1. (transitive) to knot or twist something
2. (intransitive) to snarl or growl; to gnar
1. a knot in wood; a large or hard knot, or a protuberance with twisted grain, on a tree.
2. something resembling a knot in wood, such as in stone or limbs.
3. (mathematics) The average value of the magnitude squared of the curl of a vector field over a continuous path that is tangent to the vector field at every point. In mathematical notation, gnarl is represented by the lowercase Greek letter ξ.
Translated into Fractal Art, gnarl becomes many things: formulas, coloring algorithms, mappings, variations and variables... Combining shapes, gradients, weights, colors and transparency on gnarls is like opening your eyes on an unexpected, amazing, constantly renewing multiverse.
In a single word: awesomeness.
For now, I'm making the submissions auto, I'm confident you'll follow the first rule of the group:
every submission must be a fractal gnarl, or a fractal manipulated gnarl; we will delete from the gallery any other sort of fractal, sorry.
max 5 gnarlies a day
max 5 faves a day
try to submit to the most fitting folder in the gallery.
Any member can submit his/her best gnarl to the Featured folder, but just ONCE A MONTH. Choose your best!
tutorials, gradient packs, flame/params packs are mostly welcome!